Well it’s Thankful Things Thursday; although these are normally the easiest posts to write, I have found myself procrastinating on this week’s edition. Don’t get me wrong. I have plenty to be thankful for, but I feel like following the accident I was involved with on Monday it’s hard to pinpoint exactly why I am thankful. I just have this general feeling of relief.
- I’m thankful for Charlotte, she was the amazing trauma nurse that was called in to take care of Kim. She did a great job of keeping my roommate calm (not easy to do), and caught me when I fainted. She was a great lady, and I am so glad she was there to take care of us.
- I’m thankful for my friend Lacie. She is a nursing student and came over the first two days to help me with wound care. I don’t know what we would have done without her assistance!
- I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am that I did not decide to go to nursing school myself. I hate this crap. I’m happy to do it for Kim, but would never ever ever want to make a career of it. OHMYGOD I am so thankful that I am not a nurse!
- I’m thankful for paramedics who do not approach victims and ask them if they have been drinking before providing any sort of assistance. MAN! it would have been nice to have some of those around the other night.
- Kim put gas in my car for being her chauffeur this week. Of course I did not mind driving her around one bit, but a little fuel is always helpful.
- I’m thankful that there is a drug store open 24/7. I am still surprised. I had no idea that such a thing exists- IT DOES and it was very helpful.
I hope that you all have a weekend full of things to be thankful for as well!