Well this is awkward… I feel like writing a post after being M.I.A. for a while is the equivalent of trying to rekindle a friendship with an ex. You don’t really know where to start. You are both feeling a little uneasy. There are a lot of unanswered questions.
So first of all let me soothe your nerves. I am not breaking up with you. It’s not you. It’s me. I just needed some space for a bit to clear my head. (Oh, this is getting cheesy.)
Seriously though, sorry guys! I had a very busy couple of weeks. Spring break was a nice reprieve, and then BAM! Reality was a bitch. I had a lot of obligations, and blogging momentarily took a backseat. Anyways, now that I have had a moment to catch my breath allow me to update you.
- I am in the process of applying to Graduate school. I found a program that I am really really really excited about. It seems to really coincide with my area of interest, and it would be a nice platform to continue into either a doctoral program, or the working world (whichever I feel is the better choice for me in two years). If I don’t get in, then it will be OKAY. I have other options. It’s easy for me to let myself get stressed out because I know that my life is about to be in transition, and I am not sure where the destination is yet. But either outcome will be fine, so I just need to be an adult and calm down.
- Part of applying to graduate school is taking the GRE, (Aril 13th Eeeeeek!). So I have approximately two weeks to brush up on my math skills. I haven’t taken a math class in about four years, so I am pretty rusty. If I start mentioning random elementary math concepts, try your best to be patient!
- I helped present research earlier this week. Getting everything ready was very time consuming , so I felt pretty proud of the final product (even though I was NOT the leader and could not even begin to take credit for the work). It was a nerve-racking experience, but I learned a lot, and I am happy that I was able to be involved with the project.
- Okay now I am done talking nerdy to you!
- I am volunteering at a 5K this Saturday! One of my BFFs/ sorority sister Megan has been working really hard to put everything together, and I cannot wait for race day.
- Apparently I am registered to run a half marathon on Sunday. I am waaaaaay under-prepared, so it should be an experience. Whatever. I am still excited. So what if I have to walk the whole dang thang.
Anyways, I love you! I’m sorry! I was that bitchy girl that went on the date, let you buy her drinks, and then never returned your calls, voicemails, texts, e-mails, or Facebook messages. I’ll try to do better. I swear.