Well this is awkward… I feel like writing a post after being M.I.A. for a while is the equivalent of trying to rekindle a friendship with an ex. You don’t really know where to start. You are both feeling a little uneasy. There are a lot of unanswered questions.
So first of all let me soothe your nerves. I am not breaking up with you. It’s not you. It’s me. I just needed some space for a bit to clear my head. (Oh, this is getting cheesy.)
Seriously though, sorry guys! I had a very busy couple of weeks. Spring break was a nice reprieve, and then BAM! Reality was a bitch. I had a lot of obligations, and blogging momentarily took a backseat. Anyways, now that I have had a moment to catch my breath allow me to update you.
- I am in the process of applying to Graduate school. I found a program that I am really really really excited about. It seems to really coincide with my area of interest, and it would be a nice platform to continue into either a doctoral program, or the working world (whichever I feel is the better choice for me in two years). If I don’t get in, then it will be OKAY. I have other options. It’s easy for me to let myself get stressed out because I know that my life is about to be in transition, and I am not sure where the destination is yet. But either outcome will be fine, so I just need to be an adult and calm down.
- Part of applying to graduate school is taking the GRE, (Aril 13th Eeeeeek!). So I have approximately two weeks to brush up on my math skills. I haven’t taken a math class in about four years, so I am pretty rusty. If I start mentioning random elementary math concepts, try your best to be patient!
- I helped present research earlier this week. Getting everything ready was very time consuming , so I felt pretty proud of the final product (even though I was NOT the leader and could not even begin to take credit for the work). It was a nerve-racking experience, but I learned a lot, and I am happy that I was able to be involved with the project.
- Okay now I am done talking nerdy to you!
- I am volunteering at a 5K this Saturday! One of my BFFs/ sorority sister Megan has been working really hard to put everything together, and I cannot wait for race day.
- Apparently I am registered to run a half marathon on Sunday. I am waaaaaay under-prepared, so it should be an experience. Whatever. I am still excited. So what if I have to walk the whole dang thang.
Anyways, I love you! I’m sorry! I was that bitchy girl that went on the date, let you buy her drinks, and then never returned your calls, voicemails, texts, e-mails, or Facebook messages. I’ll try to do better. I swear.
I spent a good chunk of my day in the car., because I decided to finish up my spring break at home with my family. This is my first trip back since Christmas, so I have been missing everyone, and could not be happier to be in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Anyways, there are still a few minutes of this Thursday, so I want to do a quick thankful post:
- Books on CD- The last few times I have made a long trip I have been sure to check one of these bad boys out the library, and they make the time go by so much faster!
- Libraries- I may have said this one before… I LOVE the library. I fly through books like a mad woman, so I am always happy to have something new to read.
- My Cell Phone- Yeah it is a piece of junk, but I was thankful to be able to chat on my trip today. And don’t give me any grief about being on my phone. I was alone on the road for six hours.
- I am thankful that my mom and I can share clothes (and I regularly help myself to her closet. She may be less thankful of this fact.
- I cannot say enough times what supportive people I have in my life, and it seems like I am always being surprised by the warmth and generosity of others.
Earlier today I was in a bad mood. I was cranky and irritable and just being a total bi-atch. So right there I decided I needed an attitude adjustment (aren’t you proud mom???). I came up with a mental list of all the positive things I have going on, which did help sooth my frazzled state. Seeing as how it is Thankful Thursday, I thought I would share a few things. Plus I just want for everyone to be jealous of me!
- My class tomorrow was canceled.
- That means my spring break starts TODAY!
- PERFECT weather.
- I have made some impressive fitness gains over the last week if I do say so myself.
- Pandora Britney Spears station. Don’t judge me, just trust that it truly is BOMB music.
- Hot tea, I have recently stopped drinking coffee and soda, and tea has been making the transition easier. I drink it unsweetened, so it’s a move in the right direction.
- I have been prrrrrretty organized lately and it has helped cut down on a lot of stress. I don’t think I have done that frantic search for car keys while running late routine in a few days. And my inbox is currently a sight to behold.
- I write about her all the time, but I am really thankful for my roommate/ workout buddy. I like to think that our endorphine levels help us maintain a peaceful household.
- I’m thankful that my hair is low maintenance. I don’t know how some of you girls style yours every freaking day. I got really lucky with the natural curls.
- Youtube, I LOVE you tube!
So maybe you’re not jealous but I am still feeling very grateful!