I love New Years. It may be my favorite holiday. The idea of having a fresh start, and the opportunity to make a commitment to improve yourself is so refreshing.
In the past I have always made one resolution. One year it was to go vegetarian and that was a major success. Last year I resolved to run 1,000 miles and that was a big fat fail. Except it wasn’t really a fail, I became a runner. My overall major goal this year is to become a BETTER runner. I am taking a different approach and making a whole list of goals!
GOALS FOR 2012
- Run 6 races (that is double the amount that I did last year)
- Run an entire half marathon without any walk breaks
- Complete a marathon in 5:22:30 or faster (beat my last time by 1 hour)
- Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes
- Run a mile in less than 9 minutes
- Complete a 25 day running streak
- Meet my goal weight and stay there
- Buy a group fitness class pass and use it
- Try a hot yoga class
- Try a Pilates class
- Try a spin class
- Swim 450 yards in 10 min. (This is the time requirement for NAUI Dive Master certification)
- Use a system to track my workouts
- Complete a half marathon with my roommate
- Donate a medal to Medals for Mettle
- Add 10 more reviews to my Book Worm section
- Try out and post 12 new recipes
Oh and two little non-running resolutions
- Find a grown up job
I definitely have a lot of work to do. I am so excited for a new year!