My Love/Hate Relationship
Happy Valentines Day!
As a perpetual cheeseball I love this Hallmark holiday filled with excessive amounts of pink and sparkles and kisses and blatant budget blowing. I hope that those of you who are ProVday enjoy an evening with your sweetie and those of you who are AntiVday enjoy copious amounts of wine and snickering at delirious couples.
I am writing about a different type of relationship, my relationship with exercise. There have been times when we have been hot and heavy. There have also been times when we have been distanced for long periods.
Someone recently told me that my blog was “too positive”. I spend too much time writing about my accomplishments and don’t challenge myself enough. To me, getting myself to the gym everyday is a challenge. No matter what kind of workout I have, or how far I end up running, I have succeeded because I ran.
Reasons Why I HATE Running
- It’s still not easy.
- There are more enjoyable ways to spend my time.
- I usually do it alone, and the track can be a lonely place.
- I haven’t lost any weight.
- I have homework to do.
- I have dishes to do.
- My dog pouts when she doesn’t get to come.
- It’s time-consuming.
- I feel like people at the gym/ driving their cars are judging my body.
- I trained for weeks, broke my PR, and still only had a mediocre time.
Reasons Why I LOVE Running
- Have you checked out my legs recently? They are TONED!
- It gives me a sense of accomplishment.
- I feel stronger every day.
- I notice an improvement in my mood every time I work out.
- The race was FUN.
- I have made a new friend, Ash.
- I LOVE my blog!
- It feels good to be improving.
And that is just off of the top of my head.
Yep, sometimes our relationship is a little volatile. Sometimes it swings into unhealthy territory, but I think we can make it. Ol’ running and I are in this thing for the long haul.
Maybe my posts do seem too positive, but that is only because every time I go for a run, I give myself a little mental pat on the back, because just going is enough of a challenge for me